Finding the perfect pair of pants is a game-changer for any man's wardrobe. If you're shopping online and looking for a custom fit, knowing your measurements is the key to success. In this guide, we'll walk you through a more detailed process of taking precise measurements to ensure your pants fit flawlessly every time.
But if you’re looking for the fastest, easiest, and most discreet way to get accurate measurements, the Decent Apparel Size-Scanning App is the way to go. Scan virtually one time and you’ll have your exact measurements for a seamless shopping experience at Decent Apparel.
To find your measurements, you'll need:
1. Measuring Tape
Opt for a soft/flexible measuring tape for accurate and comfortable measurements.
If you only have the more traditional tool-kit tape measurer, you can use a piece of string and hold it against your tape measurer to get your measurements.
2. A Mirror
A full-length mirror is helpful for ensuring the tape is straight and parallel to the ground.
Step 1: Waist Measurement
- Locate your natural waist, typically the narrowest part of your torso.
- Wrap the measuring tape around your waist, ensuring it's snug but not too tight.
- Keep the tape parallel to the ground and take the measurement.
Step 2: Hip Measurement
- Find the widest part of your hips.
- Wrap the tape around your hips, ensuring it passes over the fullest part of your buttocks.
- Keep the tape parallel to the ground and record the measurement.
Step 3: Inseam Measurement
- Wear a pair of well-fitting pants and stand with your legs straight.
- Measure from the crotch seam to the bottom hem of the pants.
- Record the measurement for the inseam.
Step 4: Thigh Measurement
- Stand with your legs slightly apart.
- Measure around the fullest part of one thigh, ensuring the tape is parallel to the ground.
- Record the measurement and repeat for the other thigh.
Step 5: Rise Measurement
- Start at the crotch seam and measure up the front of your pants to your natural waist.
- This measurement is crucial for determining how high or low your pants will sit.
Step 6: Knee and Leg Opening Measurement
- Measure around the circumference of your knee and the desired leg opening at the bottom of the pants.
- Ensure the tape is snug but not tight, and record both measurements.
Tips for Accuracy:
- Always measure over the undergarments you intend to wear with the pants.
- Keep the measuring tape comfortably snug but not too tight to avoid inaccuracies.
- Double-check each measurement to ensure consistency.
Armed with these comprehensive measurement techniques, you're well-equipped to find or tailor the perfect pair of pants. And with just the waist and inseam measurements, you can order custom-made pants with your preferred fit style at Decent Apparel. Accurate measurements are the foundation of a well-fitted wardrobe, ensuring you look and feel your best in every pair you choose. Whether you're shopping for business attire or casual wear, mastering the art of taking precise measurements is a skill that will serve you well in achieving that impeccable fit. And if not, there’s always the Decent Apparel Size-Scanning App to do it for you.